The Intentional Interim Ministry Advantage
Though both intentional interim ministers and vacancy pastors can provide clear benefits to congregations, listed are the distinct advantages of a trained Intentional Interim Pastor who is trained to guide congregations through difficult transitions.
Intentional Interim Minister
- Part-time to full-time status provides stability and reduces anxiety.
- Has special training and experience in effective transition facilitation.
- Sustains the on-going programs and ministries.
- Helps make the transition time an ideal time for dramatic renewal. Can deal with past problems, creating stronger internal structure and vision.
- Preaches and conducts Bible class, usually every Sunday.
- Works to understand what is happening and ministers in a timely, sensitive and relevant manner.
- Helps congregations and individuals handle their grief and sense of loss - especially in instances where there has been conflict, breach of trust, or long term pastorate.
- Facilitates visioning for future mission and Ministry.